Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spontaneous Symmetry

Apparently, ever since the rise of the internet, people have grown the unquenchable desire to share the every minutia of their lives with total strangers. I both mock and sympathize with this tendency. And now I shall go one step further and embrace it. Okay, hopefully this blog will be more interesting than a detailed discussion of what cereal I had in the morning (it was Puffins, by the way).

I have no idea if this will last and I highly doubt that anyone will read it (rather, I doubt that anyone will read it with anything more than the feigned interest that comes with doing anything to avoid actually working). And I don't intend for it to be deep, profound, or interesting in any way (maybe with fleeting exceptions, but I assure you that they will be unintentional).

I don't plan to have any sort of strict theme, but I would like to talk about physics every now and then since that's what I do with my life and I rarely get to talk about it to people outside of the physics community. But, please, don't let that frighten you. I know you "only too physics in high school" or "had to take physics in college, but did horribly in it" or "lol phyiks wat?!?!!1Eleven!", so I'll try to make it simple and interesting.

Okay, so, as Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm said in Jurassic Park, "Well, there it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment